Galen is a proud sponsor of This Week in Health IT, a podcast for healthcare leaders to discuss the news, leadership, and emerging thought in Health IT.
As part of its Coronavirus Prep series, This Week in Health IT speaks to CIOs & CMIOs to discuss what they are doing and can be doing to prepare for COVID-19 in their communities. Special thanks to series sponsor and Galen partner, Sirius Healthcare.
In our own blog series, we will be providing our top takeaways from those conversations with the intent of spreading best practices among Health IT and healthcare delivery organizations to prepare for the anticipated surge in demand for care due to COVID-19.
First up is Dr. Brett Oliver, CMIO, Baptist Health System KY & IN.
- Leverage acute video visit capabilities already in place.
- Re-purpose Remote Patient Monitoring pilots for quarantined patients.
- Ensure analytics are in place to help manage operations like ventilator percentage use, providers that are ill and quarantined, etc.
- Focus on e-Visits within Epic to present evidence-based vetted questionnaires to providers in an asynchronous way, adding travel screen.
- Given unprecedented territory, non-mission critical projects like acquired hospital go-live on all IT systems are likely to be pushed out a ways.
This Week in Health IT is also collecting resources and links designed to help health systems respond to and inform their communities around the Coronavirus. Visit their COVID-19 Resources for Health Systems page.