As many of our loyal blog followers know, the Allscripts Client Experience (ACE) is Allscripts annual user conference, and a huge event for Galen. It’s a time for us to reconnect with clients, Allscripts contacts, and build new relationships. The theme of this year’s conference was “GO” – the time is now to implement an EHR, and ensure groups are setup to exhibit Meaningful Use.
Some of my own key highlights and takeaways from ACE:
- “The Path to Meaningful Use”
- Allscripts offered a handy trail guide for ACE:
- The theme of “Community”
- Dan Mingle, Chief Physician Execute from Maine MSO and Dan Reber, Lead Product Architect at Precision BI led an informative session on the Analytics product, touching on the correct process to implement Analytics as well as using the cross-tab analysis and linked group analysis.
- I was unaware of its existence, but a user group community has been established for analytics
- Precision BI has a roadmap for several improvements
- Aternity – an Allscripts performance monitoring solution
- The ideal tool is non-invasive, comprehensive, accurate and provides an aggregated analysis
- Facilitates user-centric proactive IT management
- Yields performance by location, variation by site, and performance over time
- Allscripts Product Portfolio Roadmap – Jon Zimmerman, Allscripts Senior VP Solutions Management
- Revenue Mix Changes:
- Today: Fee for Service and Bonus Payments
- Tomorrow: Fee for Service, Bonus Payments for Savings, Contract per Patient per Month, and Other P4P
- Systems Evolution
- Paper Health Records -> Electronic Health Records -> Electronic Health Systems -> Intelligent Networks
- Connectivity Blueprint:
- Allscripts HUB: Connecting commercial lab, hospital, pharmacy, payer, HIE, government registries, and sate RHIO
- Services Framework: EntEHR, PM, ProEHR, MyWay
- Revenue Mix Changes:
For more information regarding the topics touched on above, be sure to visit MyAllscripts to view presentations from ACE.
Thanks again for everyone who stopped by our booth to say hello. It was both great to see old friends and establish new relationships. And a special congrats goes out to Melissa Singh, Analyst at NSLIJ, for winning the grand prize – an Apple IPAD – in our “Spin and Win” drawing.