Over the past several months, we’ve published interviews with healthcare CIOs as we aim to communicate some of their cogent insights and provide valuable stories that help add perspective for healthcare delivery organizations. While at HIMSS18, we had the privilege of speaking with Eric Raffin, CIO, San Mateo County Health System, where he shared his thoughts on the state of HealthIT, HIMSS18 impressions, and how his team fosters collaboration between clinical and IT staff.
In this interview, Eric discusses:
- How his team strives to positively impact the clinical experience
- The role of the organization in serving as a safety net for the community
- The organization’s process for evaluating external partners
- How patient population and location influences expectations at SMCHS
- How success is measured at a project level
If you are interested in participating in the series and sharing your organizations perspective and successes, please contact us.