Two weeks ago, Galen attended the 2017 International MUSE conference at the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel & Convention Center in Dallas, TX. As always there was a lot of anticipation and excitement leading up the 2017 MUSE, and it did not disappoint! Below are the stats from last years conference, you can see why their tagline “Great things happen when people come together,” is so relevant—the educational presentations and networking are huge!
Principal Consultant, Kelly Del Gaudio presented on Thursday of the conference with Cathy Alvarez from Uvalde Memorial Hospital. Their presentation was entitled Operation NerdyWork: A MEDITECH Rules Revolution, and focused on Project Claire[IT] and optimizing the MEDITECH system with rules. We had a great turnout and a diverse group there, some hospitals we knew and many we were meeting for the first time. A woman even came to the booth after to tell us it was the best presentation she had seen at the conference (which is pretty sweet for a Thursday afternoon session)! We are going to provide a follow up session since there were many other sessions at the same time that people also wanted to attend. We want everyone to be able to get another chance to see the value of Project Claire[IT] as we are now in the beginning phases of rolling it out to early adopters from our Focus Group.
If you missed the presentation, we will be holding a live webinar Monday, June 26th, at 1:00PM EST. Click here to register.
— Galen Healthcare (@GalenHealthcare) June 2, 2017
In addition to the presentation our consultants in attendance mixed and mingled their way around the convention floor and shared their biggest highlights and impressions from 2017 MUSE:
- Migrations are still an extremely hot topic! During one session a previous client gave Galen props for our Data Migration services
- Many clients are still on very old versions of MEDITECH because they are “scared” of the upgrade and not having the staff to support it. Upgrading from a lower level version or MAGIC to 6.1 is not an upgrade it is classified as a new implementation. Therefore a data migration is needed and clients are reluctant to go there.
- Another common theme was that clients are contemplating a move to another system (primarily Cerner or Epic) so they aren’t looking to do anything major to their existing system
- A few clients we visited with struggle because they are a larger hospital system ACO and have many outlying facilities / clinics that feed into them. However, these facilities use other software such as eClinicworks, NextGen, Centricitiy, etc. Getting them all to communicate with REG/SCHED, Billing, Orders can be a challenge.
- Galen is excited to announce this years Apple Watch winner was Wil Ladewig from Grand River Hospital District—congrats Wil!
Overall the 2017 MUSE Conference was well attended and our booth was very busy. Our VP of Products, Bob Downey, along with Kelly, gave many 1-2 minute demonstrations of Project Claire[IT] and VitalCenter Online Archival which were respectively well received. We had custom NerdyWork shirts made which we used as a give-away and were completely out by the end! Now a lot of MEDITECH users will be rocking NerdyWork Shirts around the USA!
There were no other vendors offering a content package like Project Claire[IT] and no one else offering a robust archival solution like VCO. We think this set us apart at this year’s MUSE conference, and will work hard to continue that trend moving forward!
— Kim Baxter (@kbax66) May 31, 2017
Check out our full suite of MEDITECH services, or contact us below with any questions: