Did you know there are at least 300 active HIEs being tracked and the number of public/large private HIEs is growing by ~30% each year (according to KLAS)? Have you heard the acronyms CCD, CCR IHE, HIE, IHE, or XDS and wondered what they stood for and meant? Are you aware that Allscripts offers a set of web services to facilitate clinical exchange between Professional/Enterprise EHR to HIEs or other EHRs in the community (both Allscripts and non-Allscripts)?
When: Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 from 9AM-5PM with lunch provided. There will also be a cocktails and networking hour from 4PM-5PM with beer, wine, and light snacks.
Why: Learn about the details clinical exchange interoperability within Allscripts
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) and IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) background and overview
- PIX – Patient Identity Cross Reference Manager
- XDS.b – Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing
- Standards and specification overview:
- Allscripts CED (Clinical Exchange Document) format
- Allscripts IHE Web Services Overview
- Demonstration: Clinical exchange interoperability between two Allscripts Enterprise EHR environments
- Custom clinical exchange solutions
- Much more!
Please contact us if there is a topic you would like to learn more about that isn’t in the list above.
Travel: If you are driving into the city, there are parking garages nearby. The cheapest and most convenient is the Winthrop Square Parking Garage at $20/day. If you are coming in from out of town, there are many hotels in the area. Also note that we will have wireless internet and workstations with a hardwired internet connection available for those who need it.